Thursday 5 January 2012

A yearn met



Socio Economy, post-modern and theology banter
These clutters of society do not grip the yearn inside
The insatiable void thirsts for a divine relationship
One that does not brittle. “A new high?” my inquisitive pries
Yes, a new high.

I am led to a scene behind all the yesteryears and eons
Eras go flipping by like pages gleaned through effortlessly
I envision a dilapidated manger flocked by livestock
Awed to find a family there and oh, wait!
A child I also see wrapped in shoddy yet princely demeanor.

Worship wrings this heart with due fervor on such a sight
In prostrate curiosity, as if determined to solve this riddling feeling
I stare into the eyes of His innocence
Only to discover a blueprint of love, of humility, of reconciliation, of relationship and of divinity.

“Who is this bundle of Deity?” enquires my baffled entity
Says He “I am who satisfies every thirst
No yearn can I not bridge
The blueprint you see is – you.
Take heart. Rest, I will give unto thee.”

Henceforth yearn, I will never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment